Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tuesday, Wednesday, Happy Day!

Tuesday
Time: 5:30pm
Workout: 30 minutes of "Chrissie must be pissed" core
Location: T3
People: Too many that I still don't know
Comments: Core started a little late, but I was thinking it would be a short class.. but NOOooo. Chrissie made sure we went late to make the full 30 minutes. We did our usual split the class up and half do medicine ball and the others do the big ball exercises. I'm proud to say that I can now do the hamstring exercises with the big ball, that I couldn't do ONE of when I did the first class, so I can see I'm making progress, yay me! I'm still really slow, but I try really hard to keep the repetitions going and not to stop. In the middle, Chrissie went on this core, crazy, madman exercise where she didn't give us time to rest. We would do mountain climber thingamabobs, then straight into pushups, then straight into something else. It was great and all but I couldn't resist yelling out and asking her if she was mad or upset. She grinned, the class laughed and for the first time I felt included and part of the group :) I think part of my problem with the first three weeks was that I was afraid to be me. The me that moans and groans and is a wisecrack. It was a good workout :)

Time: 6:15pm
Location: T3
People: a ton that braved the weather!
Workout: an hour of spin.
Comments: Holy shit. Nuff said.

Good day :)

Wednesday
Time: 5:00pm
Location: Town Lake Trail
People: Me, then Blondie!
Weather: Chilly, but awesome to run in!
Workout: 6 miles total, with 3 at MGP
Comments: I started my run, did a warm up mile, then went straight into MGP for 3 miles. MGP mile splits

1) 8:56
2) 9:02
3) 8:59

Cooled down for a mile, then ran into Blondie and we ran the rest easy. Ended up with 6.57 miles and went to swim class.

Time: 7:10pm
People: In my lane, Don and I
Location: Lost Creek
Weather: F-ing cold outside
Comments: I can see improvement in my swimming :) I started off doing the windmill, and now I've learned the proper stroke. It was nice that I haven't seen Mo in awhile, because he noticed!! My stroke is incredibly SLOW, but I'm really working on form, and I can tell it's making me more efficient!! Yay!! Finished the entire workout with my new friend, Don :) My favorite quote of the day, "Go ahead, you're faster!" Only lasted for part of the workout, but I didn't think I'd ever hear those words in the pool being spoken to me. Don finished off the last portion of our workout up front, because I was beat, but it was flattering that for a moment, he thought I was "faster", hahahahaa! I can't wait for the day when I can jump up to T2, if that ever happens...

No comments: