Saturday, January 31, 2009

Who works out for 6 hours???

I do :)

Time: 8:20am
Location: Kiker Elementary
Weather: Cold at first, but incredibly nice for the rest of the ride
People: T3 & my honey
Workout: Long version of the Dam Loop & 30 minutes of running
Comments: I was pretty nervous about this mornings ride. The Dam Loop... eek. It's always been so intimidating. In my mind, only the elite, fast, "real" cyclists did this. Not me.

Adrian went for my support and we got down to the start at 8am since my group was leaving at 8:20am. I found Jane and the "Turtles" and we took off. The Turtles took off and it was just Jane and I for the first part. Ride was good. Jane was up ahead for most of the beginning part and I just kept her in my sight. We toggled back and forth. The ride down 71 was pretty scary. A stupid 18 wheeler honked at me, and I wasn't even in the lane! Asshole! On 620 Adrian caught me, and it was nice :) He was hanging with the A group, he slowed down for a few minutes to check on me, tell me he was proud, and he was on his way.

We met up at Walgreens on 620/2222, and Adrian was still there. For some reason the A group was all there. All of T3 was there. It was neat to see all the blue. I didn't wait too long, and got back on the road and everyone else seemed to follow suit. Everyone passed us, but it was nice. My honey gave me a high five and was off. Jane, Amber, and I finished the rest of the ride. The hills seemed to be long, but I couldn't quit thinking about how far I've come on the bike. I remember doing hills in the past and wanting to die. Today, I just took it one stroke at a time, and made all the hills. My legs never blew up and my nutrition was perfect. What an awesome day!

Got back to the car, and went straight for me 30 minute run. OMG, my legs felt awesome!!! Long story short, I got lost. (go figure!) Who gets lost on a 30 minute, out and back run?? Me :) BUT, my legs felt wonderful. I never remember this feeling from the past triathlons I've done. I glanced down at the beep of my Garmin, 9:45. Wow. After getting lost, I ended up with 40 minutes of running. 4.27 miles, 9:32 average. Whoopie!!!! I could have kept running. What a great feeling to the end of a good day.

I got back to the car, Adrian wasn't there, but we talked on the phone, and he rode home. We both had such great workout days. I did my first Dam Loop, and he got in 100 miles. Yes, he's a freak.

Good day! I can't wait for tomorrow's run. I hope to see my Rogue peeps.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Congratulations! You need to remember this day because it sounds like a great breakthrough for you! So, in honor of this, I'll give you a hug - and you know I don't hug just anyone! Great job!