Monday, January 26, 2009

What a good day :)

I'm not going to lie. I've been pretty emotional, complainy, and down right irritating these past few days. My poor Adrian had to go through not one, but two of my breakdowns over the weekend and had to hear numerous, "I'm not sure I can do this." He was perfect. Ok, maybe not perfect. The first time I started crying, he disappeared. Kinda funny now, but at the time I was like, "Where the hell did he go??" Second time, he just giggled and held me.

Shortly after, we went to Performance and got some cheap winter clothes for the bike. I ventured out on Saturday, alone to attempt the 60 mile ride and only made it 5 miles out and 5 back in tears because I was frozen. So we got a wind breaker, toe covers, real gloves, ear warmers, and some other things. He said the jacket alone would make a world of difference. Then before I left, he helped me organize my car. I now I have 4 totes in my trunk. One for misc. car stuff, one for running, biking, and swimming. It's made a world of difference in just today's training.

Time: 4:30pm
Location: Town Lake Trail
Weather: cool, but kind of humid
People: Me, but I saw Shawnda, and then Dionn in the restroom, ha!
Workout: 30 min recovery
Comments: I ran 40 minutes. I finally listened to what everyone has been telling me. It was hard, but I did it. I left the Garmin in the car. I only ran with my stopwatch. I vented to the friends I love most and got the truth handed to me. I'm not a runner anymore, I'm a triathlete for the next 6 months. It was hard, I had the Garmin on my wrist, turned on, and took it off, then looked at it again, then left it. I need to start running based on feel and not constantly looking at my Garmin to see my pace. Good run.

Went directly to swim practice, got there early and played on Facebook on my iPhone. Pretty large class, but it was nice. I got to see Vegas and chat with her for a few minutes and also Valerie, I think?? I'm awful with names, I think that's it. Also saw Jane.

Time: 7:10pm
Location: Lost Creek
People: too many, and I don't know their names :)
Workout: 2750 of all kinds of stuff :)
Comments: Tonight was a good swim workout. It's the ah ha moment that Oprah would say where everthing comes together. Chrissie and Maurice have both been helping me with my stroke. I started with the windmill, and now I'm finally understanding the real way. About half way through class it just clicked. My hands were where they were supposed to be, my butt was floating, I was gliding across the water :) Never mind, I was the last person in the slowest lane, I finally felt like I was moving :) Good day, to what started out to be another emotional one. Yay, for me!! Just need to stay positive and remember my friends are backing me up in their hearts.

I can do this!! (My new mantra... over and over)

6 comments:

MW said...

Do NOT ever quote Oprah again or say goodbye to my friendship, FOOL.

Jane said...

Come talk to me.

Priscilla said...

FOOL, when did I say goodbye to your friendship. Please put down the crack pipe!!

Dee said...

FOOL..Mike said IF you quote Oprah again..say good bye to his friendship.

TRI TO BE FUNNY said...

I had panic when I first temporarily "left" Gazelles in 2007to train for Ironman Arizona. I trained with my nucleus of runner friends multiple times a week and had breakfast tacos and coffee every Saturday. I begrudgingly changed my schedule so that I would ride with T3 on Saturday instead of my precious breakfast tacos. It pained me, but I knew it was temporary and necessary.

I, too, came to triathlon as a runner and was very resistant to change. T3 people were "different" and not as nice and friendly as my Gazelle clique. (or so I projected because of my own insecurities)

A year and a half later, I've signed up for IM #2 with T3, have some amazing T3 friends, have improved my biking/swimming tremendously AND am a faster runner than ever before!!

And you know what?! I still run with my Gazelle friends and have breakfast tacos! It can be done!!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!

Bug me anytime if you need a boost!!

Dionn said...

I *heart* Oprah. I don't care what Mike says. And it was great to see you out there..well, in there...in the bathroom. ;)

Keep on keepin on!!