Friday, January 16, 2009

AT&T Uverse service SUCKS!

What a freaking week. Between work and trying to get into a routine with week 2 of Ironman training and AT&T repeatedly screwing me over, I'm ready for the three day weekend!!! After sleeping through working out on Wednesday, Thursday didn't prove any better. I had a happy hour to attend for work on Thursday and despite my many, many declarations of "I have to leave at 4:45pm!!" it didn't work. I'm glad I stayed for my work, made good connections and it was great for my work, BUT it was day 2 of NOT working out.

AT&T when they originally installed my Uverse a few months ago, they couldn't install my living room. This was my one and only reason for switching from Time Warner to Uverse. When I had Time Warner, I used Tivo and only had one box. When I got my Tivo, I had a roommate, so I installed it in my room. Uverse would allow me to watch my recorded shows in the living room, without being bound to my bedroom.... that was 3-4 months ago.

They couldn't install my living room because they needed access to the cable box outside my condos, so I had to reschedule. I had already taken a day off work for the original installation and couldn't afford to take another day off work, because I just had too much work to do. Fast forward to last month. I called to schedule and the soonest they could get me in was over a month!! Dec 16th - today. The boyfriend was kind enough to come to my place for the install, so I didn't have to leave work, well... I had a blonde moment and thought the install was on Monday! He sat here at my place with my girls (he's allergic to cats!) ALL day until I called and realized I had the wrong date on my calendar. Totally 100% my fault.

Today, they were supposed to be here from noon to 2pm. Long story short, they didn't come! Adrian wasted ANOTHER day sitting here bored at my place while he had work to do. He called and complained (he's much better at that than I am, I'm such a pushover with customer service reps) and got me 25% off my bill, and rescheduled for tomorrow from 8am to 10am. Sucky part about that is, I have to miss my T3 ride. 3 days of NOT working out one bit, AT&T is about to drive me crazy, the boyfriend isn't very happy that he wasted two days AND his workout to accomodate stupid Uverse.

Not a good start for the weekend, but I'm hoping by 10am tomorrow, I'll be the proud owner of TWO boxes, since I've been paying for this for the last 4 months!! Oh, and I tried to save some money, since I don't watch tv anymore cause I'm either training, working, eating or sleeping.. and they can't downgrade me to the U100 without having a technician come out and switch out my boxes, what a freaking rippoff!!! I tried to downgrade from U300 to U200, and after holding for 30 minutes, there was no price difference. How could she not just tell me that in the beginning????? I pay $65 - $20 credit each month for U300, when she downgraded me to the U200 (since I can't have U100 without going through the hassel of a stupid technician/whole day off work visit) the price was $60 -$15 credit.. HELLO???? I didn't feel like waiting for her to change it back... so now after two days of having an upset boyfriend (not at me, but at the situation), 4 months of not being able to watch tv in my living room, literally HOURS on the phone with them, missed workouts, and missing the group ride tomorrow.. I have less channels, more frustration, and I'm paying the same price.

I hope tomorrow is a better day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your frustrations : ( Hopefully your weekend does get better! I am going to ride later this afternoon if you want to join. I mapped a route...shouldnt be that bad, but it starts down here..around 50miles.

Anonymous said...

How about all of the everse customers out there that are tired of turning the TV on and off 3-4 times to get the BOX to engage. Or getting up and pushing OK.--- I have 5 boxes and they all do the same thing.

I complained and spoke w/ ATT techy and he too gave me some more channels,blabla bla.. to compensate.

Now I am seeking out charter and may go back to analog.

Someone tell me what my Samsung 52 " 1080 will produce with Analog.

Nicole said...

I've worked for DISH Network for about a year but I've been subscribed to them for almost 8 years. I've always had great service from them and even received a free HD upgrade. I know that as an employee DISH prides itself at providing exceptional customer service. They also offer more HD channels than any other provider. They're definitely worth checking out if you want a good product with great service!

Anonymous said...

I've had U-verse for 2yrs now & nothing but problems, picture freezing, pixelation,sound cuts in & out,5 dvr boxes,2 modems,2spliters,2 nwi's, rewire the house (twice)I retired from AT&T and I would not give this junk to anyone...oh yeah 20 techs. 21hrs on phone. it sucks !

Unknown said...

I definitely agree with Nicole, I didn't know that DISH Network was such a greater company until I found www.BestTVForMe.com and saw all the comparisons between. Now, working and subscribing with DISH, I have an awesome HD receiver (that I got for free as well) and enjoy the most HD channels in the industry! :)