Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Time to get serious...

It's halfway through Week 3 and I need to quit lolly gagging. Maurice called me out tonight and asked if I went to Tuesday night spin.. no... then Tuesday morning... no... then Monday?? Nope.. he just shook his head. He's right, it's time to get busy. I'm not going to back out of this Ironman (as much as my heart says I'd rather just run) so I need to quit half assing this. It would really suck if I half assed this training, complained the entire time, then DNF'ed after all this trouble!!! So I'm in the game, I'm going to be a triathlete for the next 6 months whether I like it or not!

CdA, here I come!!

Tonight's workout
Time: 5:00pm
Location: Town Lake Trail
Distance: 6 miles
Workout: EASY

Time: 7:10pm
Location: Lost Creek Pool
Distance: 2600 meters
Workout: Tons of drills, but mainly worked on my stroke.

Comments: My run was awful. I had to stop after the first mile, almost quitted, but gutted out a VERY slow 6 miles. Headed directly to swim class. Got to chit chat with Steve for a bit, then did the swim workout. I need to start speeding up, or not taking breaks, because I was the last one in the pool and I missed completing the workout by 50 meters because of time, and Maurice (probably unknowingly) started pulling the tarp. Hard workout. My arms are sore. It's going to take some getting used to the new stroke. Maurice assures me that even though I feel like I'm swimming slower, I'm not...

3 comments:

chuckd said...

What's wrong with deciding that the ironman training is not for you? and just bagging the whole thing?

why are you doing an ironman?

if you are not enjoying it now, it's going to be a long road. there's no shame in saying it's just not your thing. better to do that sooner than later.

I don't know you that well, but it sounds to me that you like running a lot more than swimming and biking. so just run. don't worry about it. pursue the things that are going to make you happy. not what you think you should do.

anywho...sorry if I'm being preachy or whatever, but it just does not sound like you are having a good time. and it's pretty darn early in your training not to be having a good time.

just my .02

kristenbaucher said...

team rogue misses you

Priscilla said...

Thanks guys! I miss Rogue too :( It won't be long though, I need to dedicate myself to this Ironman because I planned it before Team Rogue and need to stay true to the ones doing it with me :) I'll survive :)