Friday, January 2, 2009

2009 - A Year of Firsts!

Well, it started out on the right foot, literally :) I met Lori and Dee for a 7.5 mile run. I'm a little nervous about me losing all my speed I gained from CIM training, but I'm hoping it will just take a couple of weeks to get used to all the new muscles being worked. The run was nice, but my legs were EXTREMELY sore from the spin class. Lots of laughs, lots of girl talk, and a great way to start the new year off.

I'm planning to run on Saturday with the girls as my last hoo-rah run before I switch to tri-mode. No more running on Saturday mornings :( Instead it will be trying to latch on to the caboose of T3'ers. I just pray that I can keep the last person in sight.

After running with the girls, I went home, cooked Adrian and I some pancakes with fresh fruit and apple juice, then took almost a 4 hour nap. Yes, 4 hours!! Adrian painted what will soon be my office, vaccumed and did a ton of chores around the house and I slept. The backs of my legs up to my butt are still sore, but we went to Thumper and walked the trail for about 30 minutes, then went to Bull Creek to let the boys play. Good Day 1 of 2009.

What I want/will accomplish in 2009
  1. Dedicate myself to Ironman training, with the same dedication I had for CIM. This will be hard, but I have to in order to meet my finishing time which is just to finish before 17:00.
  2. Complete an Ironman :)
  3. PR in Galveston from my previous Half Iron in Vineman 3 years ago.
  4. Keep my speed with the running I've built so when Ironman is over I'll be a super fast machine for the next marathon.
  5. Learn to love my bike. (This will be hard)
  6. Eat better!!!!!!!
  7. Work on my core and upper body. (This will not only be hard, but will take a ton of time since I'm starting negative!!)
  8. Work on my relationships with my family.
  9. Keep Adrian, the boys, and my girls happy :)
  10. Attempt to save some money.

So that's it. I'm sure I'm missing something, but that's all that's coming to me right now. 2009 is my year, as well as Adrian's. He had a tough 2008 with the passing of his father, and losing me (haha) but things are better than ever with us and this is his year to shine. I predict that he WILL do great things with the races he has planned. He'll PR the Austin marathon from last year (his first). He'll place in more top 3's in tri's and will probably win one ;) I can't wait to support him, he's going to do awesome!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great way to start '09...Sounds like you are doing great with the IM training too!

MW said...

wow! 10 things!
i have 1, and it's pathetic!

kirsten said...

Yay Priscilla - we need to start SA (sugar aonymous - its like crack for me. I am doing much better. Last night when I was out with some friends, instead of automatically ordering dessert, I thought about it for 5 min and then didn't! However, I have learned over time that going absolutely cold turkey doesn't work so very occasionally I'll treat my self to a treat but have no cookies, cake, pie, chocolate etc in my house. I'll make a healthy dessert instead!