Sunday, January 25, 2009

3M

Race was great. It was nice to just run, on fairly fresh legs :) My running has been on the down low since tri training, and I'm starting to lose my speed :( No biggie. I didn't have a plan going into this race, other than I wanted to attempt to PR from my previous time (2:00:11). I kinda thought that since my ride didn't go as planned yesterday, that I would have great legs for today, but the reality is that my legs aren't as conditioned as they were just a month ago. Goal A: 1:50, which would have been my Half Marathon pace for my original CIM goal. Goal B: 1:55 Goal C: just to PR.

Here are my splits :)
1. 8:56
2. 9:43 - heard Clemmie, slowed it down and chatted with her for about a minute, it was awesome seeing her!!
3. 8:25
4. 8:42
5. 8:09
6. 9:10
7. 9:09
8. 9:16
9. 9:11
10. 10:13 - got super tired and realized I hadn't Gu'ed since mile 4, walked through stop
11. 9:42 I was starting to give up at this point when Steph and Matt caught me and pulled me in.
12: 9:05
13.1 9:20 - Thank you Stephanie :) She talked me in, helped speed my butt up to get in under 2 hours.

Highlights of my race: Dodging all the runners to go stick my tongue out at Matt and Amy :) Seeing (even though I might not have yelled out) Ken & Kate, John Z with pup, Glenda multiple times, my girl BFDee, Mae from the Northies, Nedra and Mr. Nedra, Carolyn, and several others. After the race getting to hang with (and hug) Kamran, Sisson, Ruth, Mandy & Victoria and Melodye.

Thanks again Steph, for getting me in :)

Final time: 1:59:02 - new PR, I've learned to never underestimate a PR, no matter how small!! 1:09, I'll take it.

3 comments:

kristenbaucher said...

congrats on the PR!

StephW said...

Great job Foho!! I knew you could do it. Sorry for being on your a$$ the last few miles or so. But I wasn't going to let you slow down.

Jon said...

Congratulations!!!! (virtual hug)