Saturday, September 27, 2008

14 miles of recovery, ahhh....

Time: 6:05am
Where: Rogue Equipment
Weather: F-ing awesome the entire run
Workout: 14 miles, easy
People: Team Rogue, along with the rest of the Rogue population, but for the run, the 3:59:59 group and a lone 3:40'er :)
Comments: Everything that is different these days, I'm blaming my new nutrition :) I keep waking up earlier than normal and it's a wierd waking up. It's the waking up, where I feel refreshed and ready to go, but when I look at the time, it's 3 or 4am. Too early to get out of bed. I stayed in bed, although the 4am probably would have been a good idea so I could take my time rolling and eating a good breakfast. I opted for the stupid choice. I stayed in bed and woke up in a panic at 5:30am. So much for trying to make the earlier run, I rushed out the door, then back in to get a banana to eat on the way.

Ate my banana on the way, pulled up as the entire group was taking off. I saw Andrea running with Clemmie and thought I'd have a hard time trying to catch them, since Clemmie and her peeps normally run a faster long run pace. I rushed to get out and when I was dropping off my keys, I realized I left my Garmin in the car, but didn't want to go back, so I was off. I caught Clemmie, Andrea, and gang downtown and ran with them. The pace felt pushed in the beginning, but I usually need a good 3-4 mile warm up before I start feeling in sync. We all stayed together the entire run and it was nice. Cheryl prefers to run THROUGH the water stops and she stopped for the first couple, but left us towards the middle. I was tempted to try and play cat/mouse with her but remembered that Killer said this was a recovery and the EASY pace was necessary to let our bodies recover, so I decided not to. Right before that water stop we talked about marathon goals and Cheryl's shooting for a 3:40!! I shouldn't be running with her anyways!!

Andrea and I pushed the pace towards the end, but it felt great. Our average doesn't reflect what we felt, but I think I've been running the long runs too slow lately and looking forward to trying to push the pace.

Just over 2 months left of training. A part of me is happy and the other sad, because I really am enjoying this program. I've made more friends in this group than any other in the past, and I thouroughly enjoy the company and new friends I've made. After getting back, it was nice just hanging out. I did my foot drills which I've been slacking off on, and rolled my calves while waiting for Dr. Riggs. I got to talk to Keith for bit, met a new friend Kristen, got to chat it up with Steve's group trying to figure out what we have in store for the following weekends, got to see tons of friends. It's nice being in a room where you know a bunch of people and they know you. I got another, "You're Foho, the one that posts alot!" today :) I wish I were fast enough to qualify for Boston so I continue Team Rogue... maybe next year ;)

Average pace: 10:22

OMG - I ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION THIS RUN WAS DONE WITHOUT MY BFDEE. MAY SHE REST AND RECOVER FROM HER BUG!!! XOXOX

2 comments:

kirsten said...

awesome job. looks like you're doing well in the food department.

StephW said...

i was wondering what happened to you. i didn't see ya out there on saturday.