Thursday, September 25, 2008

Time Warner Sucks Big Butt!


So during my poker game with the guys on Wednesday night, one of them brought up the fact that after October 2, Time Warner customers would no longer be able to watch KXAN. WTF?? Amber would say, "What the French Toast????" I thought I was safe and it had to do with the digital, rabbit ears, blah blah blah... but since I had cable, I assumed I was ok and ignored the scrolling messages.

So this morning, I did an office poll and found out that there were only two people in my entire office that carry Time Warner. I called AT&T, and made the move. It might have been premature since I didn't do my research, but I'm limited to choices since I own my condo. The way my unit faces, it would be impossible for me to have a dish... so satellite is out of the question. Grande Communication doesn't service my area. What's left besides Time Warner?? U-verse!! I signed up online, installation to occur on Oct 8. I'm told they take FOUR hours, great!! I'm out of vacation time, excluding the time I've taken off for the marathon in December and need to ask for half a day off. I might have to pretend to be sick.

I'm excited. I have Tivo now, but it only records two shows at one time. The new U-verse will record FOUR!! The DSL equipment is free, although this will be my 3rd round of DSL routers. I had the old fashioned one, had my cousin move in so I upgraded to wireless so she could connect with her laptop, and now this one. I wonder if I could sell my old ones?? My cable portion will be the same that I pay with Time Warner AND I got them to add HBO so I can watch Entourage and any other super cool series. I can disconnect my home phone that I couldn't even recite the number to over the phone. I only had it for my DSL, but for some reason with U-verse, I won't need it anymore, that will save me $27 a month. $18 to Tivo will be eliminated, and now I have a Tivo that I don't need. (Leslie, you can have it so you don't have to "tape" your favorite shows ... I highly recommend it!!) And they can combine my cell phone bill for simplicity reasons. All in all a happy customer!!

Until, my coworker asked if I got the $200 in rebates!!!!!!!! The lady didn't tell me that part, argh. You have to sign up online to get the $200, and since I signed up over the phone, I didn't get it. So I've got a call to make tomorrow, that's just not fair.

So, Time Warner can kiss my grits!! U-verse, here I come!!

1 comment:

MW said...

Search for time warner or u-verse on my blog.
I switched in early august.

U can also program your DVR via the web/iPhone.
They don't combine my bills. Hmmmm
The DVR interface is better.

The Internet connection is not DSL. It is not a shared line with you neighbors. Its a dedicated line. Big difference.

They took about 1.5 hours at my house, not 4.
I didn't have to wait that long for install.

If I were u, I'd go over tithe AT&T store at lunch and speak in person to see about rebate and faster install.
Just sayin', not promising.

By the way, the kxan dispute has happened before and I bet it gets resolved before oct 2. Buy I'm still happier with at&t!