Thursday, September 11, 2008

Did you say poker??

So, a couple of years ago I got into playing poker and it's been a really fun hobby of mine. I got in trouble in the past for not having my priorities straight, but this year I'm trying to find some balance.

I went to Dr. Fluitt again yesterday morning, and he did some more work on me. I got some E-stem on my back, and then I was rolling out on the floor before he came to see me. I told him I rolled a good 30 minutes before class started, and I got in trouble for rolling TOO much, what the heck?? Not rolling enough, rolling too much, I can't ever get it right!! So he gave me some time parameters. 5-10 minutes BEFORE the workout, 15-20 AFTER, so I'll start that. My hip was pretty tender after Tuesday's workout so he worked on that. He said it's my TFL, whatever that is in my hip. It's at the top of my IT band, so I need to start rolling with my new big roller I got at the beginning of the week. He wanted to work on my calves and I tried to argue with him, "No, I rolled, I promise, they're fine!!" and he insisted that I roll my butt over. First touch, "OUCH!!!" Dang it. I hate that.. he had me sweating again. So he put me back on the E-stem machine for my hip and I told him, "Ok, I'll keep rolling and I'll call you if I need you, bye!" and he looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Oh what, now your'e a doctor??" Dang.. so he wants to see me one more time on Monday. Ugh.. I know it's for the best, but dang I told him I'd roll!!!

So Wednesday, I decided to play poker with the guys. Just a small tournament, all close friends that have been playing for years together. $30 buy in, lots of smack talking. One of them even said, "Oh, look who decided to show up, Ms. I gotta run all hours of the night, Priscilla." Another said, "Oh, is that Priscilla, I forgot what she looked like!" Dang fools!! But I had fun. Took home 3rd, $60 :) I told them I could make every other Wednesday, but needed to dedicate the others to running and they all rolled their eyes... It was nice raking in all the chips :)

No comments: