Friday, September 5, 2008

How can you forget a marathon???

So I'm still awake, it's almost 10pm and I should be sleeping, but I'm having too much fun playing with my blog :) I'm creating a list of all my marathon times to add, and noticed I missed a marathon!!! How in the world do you forget a marathon. I thought I had only run 4, going for #5, but I've actually already run 5, and California will be #6!!! What a retard!!

1) Austin 2005: 4:55:39
2) San Diego 2005: 4:30:44
3) Austin 2006: 4:28:27
4) Austin 2007: 5:05:51
5) Austin 2008: 4:32:32
6) Cali Intl 2008: going for 3:50

Now do you see why I think going for a 3:50 is crazy????? I think I erased the 2007 away from my memory. That was the marathon that I trained for under Killer with Dee, Lori, and Linda. We stuck to training schedule like clockwork. Never missed a workout, did everything we were supposed to, but I cratered, and cratered early and gave up. So much, that I had a blast stopping, walking, talking to spectators and not respecting that I still had to put the distance in. I ended up injuring my foot during the last miles from goofing around too much. I was even caught on the local news while the commentary was something like, "Some had great races.... (and they'd pan to a shot of someone celebrating at the finish line) and some didn't.... (and there I was hobbling across the finish line in tears)" That one sucked, but I learned from it and that's all that matters....

Off to bed....

No comments: