Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesday am run, what what??

Time: 6:00am
Location: My home, out and back on Jollyville
Workout: 4 miles easy
People: Me and all the cars going to work
Weather: Cool, but muggy
Comments: In order to wake up to run during the week, which I normally don't do. I had to set an alarm clock in my bathroom. This consists of having to get out of bed, walk about 20 feet and stay awake. I set it for 5:30am, and it only took me 30 minutes to get out of bed, this is good!! I figured out that if I set the "alarm" then I normally just get up irritated, turn it off and crawl back into bed. If I set the "radio" then it wakes me up, and it gets my brain going. Very good revelation!!

I immediately woke up thinking, "Meredith told me to eat within 30 minutes!!" I started wondering if my off/on sleep from 5:30am to 6:00am counted, and I think that was the deciding factor to my getting up. I went to the fridge, grabbed a handful of grapes, got dressed and was super proud of myself to be running at 6:00am. It was still really dark, but the weather was cool and the miles seemed to go by fast. Slow, but fast. Legs felt ok, but I couldn't get going. I always find it interesting how I can run MGP at 8:47 and it feel comfortable and other days it takes everything I have to not drop below 11:00's. Run is done, Meredith diet starts today (more about that in a later post) and I can get to work early and play some poker tonight, guilt free that I'm not missing my run or have to get home in time to run :)

Splits:
1) 10:43
2) 10:53
3)10:39
4)10:28

2 comments:

Julia said...

Way to go Priscilla!! It's a beautiful day and you made it even better to run for the joy of it! Here, here to cooler weather!

StephW said...

yeah foho!! now you can win some money tonight so you can buy us breakfast after our run on saturday!!