Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Humbling Gassy Hill Workout

Time: 6:15pm
Location: Anderson HS
Workout: 1 mile warmup, 6 miles of rollers, 1 mile cool down
People: Team Rogue, ran solo most of the time
Weather: Warm
Comments: I started the warm up with the group and it lead to an interesting discussion of massages. More on this later...

Warm up felt good. I got there with plenty of time to roll and I still find it very painful to roll my right IT band, hence to sore hip. Legs felt fine. The first mile of the workout I automatically felt pushed, which was wierd, because our pace wasn't that fast. I hung with Dee, Andrea, and Robyn for as long as I could then slowly backed off. My breathing was labored and my stomach felt like someone hooked an air pump to my belly button and overinflated my tummy!! The entire rest of the run was awful, but I gutted it out. TMI warning - I couldn't toot, but had an occassional burp. Bad run, but it was humbling and I needed it to remind me that this entire marathon training is going to take discipline and work. I can never get comfortable with my progress, because it can always go to crap :)

Splits: (my progressive pace!! PROGRESSIVELY SLOW!)
1)10:53
2)9:32
3)10:07
4)10:16
5)11:46
6)11:34
7)11:26
8)11:59
last bit 2:23

1 comment:

kirsten said...

Mine was humbling too..a surprisingly tough w/o. Good job for gutting it out. I bailed! I hate feeling bloated!