Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hills and Why Does It Hurt When Your Fat Jiggles?

Time: 6:15pm
Location: HEB Far West
Weather: Freaking awesome, nice and cool, felt like the low 80's
People: Team Rogue and some new Performance Project peeps, yay!!
Workout: Hill repeats
Comments: Well, I was going to back out of doing this and try and milk my crash injury from Sunday, but after looking at my work schedule, I noticed that I'm going to have to be in Waco on Thursday and I'll probably miss running with the group. I got there early and rolled, but it didn't seem to help. Calves felt pretty tight for the entire warm up. I took a stop at the portopotty, and was the last one to start the workout.

I was most worried that my arm would get sweat and burn, so I found myself running all goofy and cockeyed. I realized that my jiggly fat thigh was more of a hinderance than my elbow. So I started the workout and after the first loop, it just became minute that it was sore. I was to do 5 repeats and keep the loops consistent. Here are my splits.

1) 8:38
2)8:41
3)8:35
4)7:41 - screwed up the time to try and catch a dog that seemed to have gotten out of a yard, tack on another minute
5)8:05

I'm happy with my times and they were more consistent that when we did the same workout two weeks ago. At least I could keep the pace and not get slower. I think my times were faster last time, but I couldn't keep it. This time around I started slower, held it then had enough to run it faster at the end.

I'm going to wake up early and get my miles in, in the morning, so I can play poker tomorrow :) Wish me luck, in waking up early...

3 comments:

kirsten said...

awesome job Priscilla - I only did one lap at PP pace (easy) and my legs were screaming.

StephW said...

so.. did you get up early? i sent pictures to your hotmail address from friday.

chuckd said...

hey Priscilla, good job on the workout. thought I'd say hi on your blog. enjoy reading it. sorry to see you crashed last weekend. hope you're healing up.