Thursday, September 4, 2008

Soul Buster Anyone?

So at the end of tonight's workout Killer gave us the inside scoop about our upcoming Soul Busters. I'm soooo freaking excited!! My biggest pet peeve about marathon training was that we never did any runs where we get the same feeling as when we're running the last few miles of the marathon. The past two years I've nailed the lab that took us to about mile 18 to 20. Hit the paces like clockwork, but could never imagine keeping that pace for longer than we ran it. I'm a newbie to marathoning, but out of the four I've done, I've never run one where I've felt like I had equal or more energy in the last 6.2 miles. I ALWAYS crater, and I ALWAYS let my goal slip away in the last miles.

Not this year!! With this new Lyniard training, we'll get three, yes, count them THREE Soul Buster workouts!! Woo hooo, double wooo hooo!! Killer gave us some top secret information, but I won't post so I don't ruin any surprises that Sisson or Ruth have for the other groups, but all I gotta say, is HOLY F-ING SHIT, this is gonna be some good stuff. No more of me whining about never training in that cratering, hitting the wall, I suck feeling. I'll get three opportunities to work through my demons, work on my nutrition, work on my form when tired, and have this feeling burned into my self conscious so when Dec 7th rolls around, say around 9:40am (that's my projected time when I hit mile 20) I'll remember the feeling, dig deep, suck it up and keep my MGP or get progressively faster. This all seems like nonsense now, but I know I can do it, I have no other option but to succeed for this marathon.

Soul Buster #1 will happen in three weekends.. I will survive, we all will!!!!

2 comments:

MW said...

This sounds really exciting and all, but... who the hell is Lyniard?

Priscilla said...

Uh.. isn't that the guy's name that we got the training idea from?? (Is this another gold medal moment for me??)