Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ana is a whore...

Ana as in anaeorobic...

Time: 6:15pm
Weather: hot, but not deathly hot
People: half of north Team Rogue, the evening dwellers
Workout: 2 mile warm up, 4 mile tempo (HMGP), 1 mile cooldown
Location: Northwest Park
Comments: I am still Garminless so the only way I could gauge where my pace was, was to try and stay with Ana for 4 miles. I got there early and rolled for 15 minutes. I'm going to tell Dr. Fluitt that 15 minutes is not long enough to do all the dang exercises he wants me to. I have to mini roll the calf, then the other calf, then the ball, point, snap, roll to the right, roll to the left, other calf, then the IT band, then the ball in the butt, open the leg, close the leg, roll the other part of the quad, switch legs... wtf, in 10 minutes?? So i did as much as I could in 15 minutes and we started off. Andrea, Dee, and I did our 2 miles and my calves seized up. They felt tight for the entire 2 miles, I just don't get it?

The workout started and Dee was supposed to do 27 seconds per mile slower than I was.. so I decided to run with Ana and try and stay slightly ahead. First mile felt fast, 2nd felt pushed. My breathing was labored so I know Ana was there. I could only take one breath in for every two steps I took and every time I'd try and slow my breathing down, I couldn't keep it so went back to breathing heavy. 3rd mile was my hardest. I had to stop for 9 seconds to re-tie my shoe and I could tell my breathing was better, hence my pace had slowed. 4th mile was flat out a beeoch! It was up Greenlawn and I thought it would never end. Andi and Jim were coming down and did a shout out for me and told me I had less than a mile to go and once I turned it was downhill, so that was inspiring. As I made the turn, I saw "P-lic Rocks" on the road and decided to pick it up. P-lic can't run due to injury and there I was not giving it my all, so I picked it up.. then decided I was still tired. Killer yelled me in, and Dee was only 1:05 behind me. So based on her time, and taking 1:15 off (shoe tie), I averaged 8:47's. Not HMGP, but I'm happy. I have room to improve, it's still early in the game... Now what's for dinner??

2 comments:

Dee said...

Foho...you were awesome! Maybe you don't need a garmin(s).

Julia said...

Priscilla! To answer your other post too...Garmins are good and bad! Sometimes they help and sometimes not. Sounds like you could go either way. My idea was that I needed one to check that I stayed steady BUT while I am on a running downslide Steve noticed that all my Garmin was doing was to make me frantic and self-depreciating. So at the moment I run without in hopes that I will learn to listen to my body for steadiness and not depend on a number. Run on girlfriend!