Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wow, is that what I think it is???

So today I left my house at 6:20am to head to Waco for an insurance class. I had to get there at 8am, and on the way.. the sun was coming up over the horizon. It was gorgeous. It made the entire sky red and it was peaceful. I need to practice, or maybe not, practice taking pics with my iPhone and driving at the same time because I'm not very good at it.
As I was driving, something caught my eye to my left and if it wasn't a rainbow!!! I haven't seen a rainbow since I was a kid. I couldn't stop turning to look at it, pretty neat stuff. It made me think of wishing for things, which got me sentimental and I won't go into details here, but there's a certain person I miss and can't quit thinking of lately. I wish I could have shared this with him, I think it would have given him a little peace in his heart at a time when he needs it the most.

Good stuff. I made a couple wishes and I'm hoping they come true. I'm a firm believer that good things happen to good people. I'm not even sure if rainbows are supposed to be wished on, but this one had mine and a wish for a friend :)

PS, I didn't get back to Austin till around 6:45pm, and I missed the group workout. When I got home I was drained and decided to lay down for a "second", which turned into hours. No 10 mile PP for me today, which sucks, but I'm hoping it means I'll have a little extra kick for Saturday's Soul Buster.

3 comments:

MW said...

that's very cool.

however: "I haven't seen a rainbow since I was a kid" that is the saddest thing i've read in a long time.
you need to get out more when it's raining! They're everywhere!

Unknown said...

Awesome pix! Yes, I believe you can make wishes with rainbows or someone told me that when I was a kid.

Dee said...

You are not the boss of me and only Killer is allowed to change my mgp. Run on Soul Sista!