Saturday, September 6, 2008

Can I be any more retarded??

What a morning. I feel like the more prepared I am, the more things go freaky deaky on me :) I got up at 4:40am to head out. I decided to run with a fanny pack this morning, and that was Bad Idea #1. I put too much damn stuff in there, so it was heavy and irritating running with. I got to the park about 5-10 minutes early and was planning to roll my calves, but instead had a blonde moment with my poor, old car.

Before I go into detail, let me tell you that my poor, old car has been the best car. She's old. She was born in 1998, but she's free of car payments and the maintenance hasn't been that bad. I love her. She still has AC. She got a little face lift and has a nice new radio back in February. She's sweet. She's a little banged up, but she gets me to runs and that's all that matters.

So I'm sitting in my car... putting more crap in my bag that I shouldn't be. I put my Ipod in there (not sure why, didn't plan on using it, but it was a security blanket), I put too many Gu's, too many electrolytes, my Cat's Eye headlight, my debit card, my drivers license (didn't want to get stopped by the stupid Po-Po!), a chapstick, and then lastly my car keys. As I was putting them in, I must have hit the alarm button. There I am sitting in the car, alarm going full blast. I tried to hit the lock button on the key chain, didn't work. I tried to start the car, didn't work. I locked the car from the inside, didn't work. I unlocked the car from the inside, didn't work. There I am, 5:30am, nice, dark, and quiet with a full blown alarm going off. It went off so long that I had enough time to do all of that, have Nedra come over to try and help, then have a shirtless wonder come by to finally fix the problem. Enough time to have Dee come over and holler out loud, "It's Foho!! OMG, it's Foho.. that's Priscilla (enter last name)" giggle, giggle, giggle!!! I'm not going to lie, I was sweating bullets. I thought how in the world am I going to get this stupid car to shut up?? My key ring is broken, the one button that unlocks and disengages the alarm is broken. If you open the key chain slowly, you can see the little metal connector, its in there loose. If you place it right where it's supposed to be, it'll work. I just need to get it sautered on there. So in the midst of my freaking out, I try and pry that thing open. No screwdriver around, just a freaked out asian trying to pry the thing open with her teeth and fingernails. I finally get it open, but I'm in such a panic that the metal thing is somewhere in my car... thank goodness for the shirtless wonder. He saved the day by unlocking the car from the outside with the key. Who'd a thunk it??

Whew.. so now that, that's over with. Dee and I start our run. Nice and slow. We chit chat as we normally do. Compare notes on running without an Ipod. This has been week 3 or 4 she's run without one, and I'm following suit. This is probably only my 2nd week and 1st long run without one. It's not that bad and I can work on my breathing and use that to gauge my effort level.

Speaking of effort level, this fool gets all crazy on Balcones. I can't keep up with that Billy Goat. She's running up those hills effortless and smooth. I tried to keep her in my distance and it was nice watching her have such an awesome run. She would zig zag down the hills the way you're supposed to and go nice and easy up them. She waited for me after we got to Hart and we were together again. We got passed by Jim and Kamran earlier in the run, and Karen's 3:10 crazy group later. It was nice to feel like we were ahead of everyone else, but come to find out, we still came in last like we always do. It was nice mentally to think we were running faster...

Oh, which brings me to... so we're running. The hills are over and we're on flat ground. I'm pushing and feel like we're running awfully fast. All I have to do is mumble, "Sub 9:00" and my fool of a running partner glances down at her Garmin, giggles, then slows down. This happened probably 4,029,775 times during our 20.5 mile run. As much as I'd like to say, we weren't running that fast, but I could definitely tell when the pace was getting pushed, so it's nice to know that inner gadget works.

The entire run was filled with tons of giggles. Oh my gosh, if I could just learn to run while laughing, I'm sure I could run probably 30 seconds faster per min/mile. Dee and I laugh so dang much, it's ridiculous. About stupid stuff. Farting... someone is always farting and who can't laugh at a fart?? Reminiscing, oh my gosh, we have the best stories to laugh at. I need to learn to run while laughing...

We finished up, headed to breakfast and continued the giggling. Josh, James, Keith, Javier, Mike H., Clemmie and friends were all there. Breakfast full of laughs. Topics ranged from my nipples showing at Zilker (thanks, Dee!) to Josh's eye brows, to Josh cracking on me about my 2:45 marathon goal - "so what's the 2nd half??" to Keith so positive he can run a 3:10 it was shocking. We heard about James's future baby, how the sonogram has come so far from when Clemmie was prego, and all kinds of fun things.

All in all, another great run. I know I worked hard, cause I came home and took a 4 hour nap. You read that right, and I could have stayed asleep. It was one of those nice naps, where you can feel your entire body sink into the bed and you have to stay in one position because you're to tired to move. Ahh...

Now to tomorrow.. let's hope I survive the bike ride that DEE planned for us...

2 comments:

Dee said...

Dear Ms. 'oh I don't know how to turn my car almarm off' call me a Billy Goat? And did you really take a 4 hour siesta?

Dee said...

OMG...please don't be hatin' on my blog. I did not rig your stupid ol' car that was purely an operator error on your part.