Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sidestitches SUCK!

Time: 6:15pm
Workout: 2 mile warm up, 4 miles at tempo or HMGP, 1 mile cool down
Weather: Fine
People: Half of Team Rogue, ran alone
Comments: Well, I was excited about today's run. It was my first real run since I've made the decision to start eating better. My body already feels better so I was anxious to see what it would do to my running. My #1 thing I told myself I would work on this year was patience, and after 1.5 days of eating right, I'm already looking for results :) My bad...

So the warm up was fine, nothing to report. We were to do 4 miles at HMGP and I was off. I had my Garmin finally so I was able to match my effort with what I was actually running. I found myself toggling between running too fast and slightly slow the entire 4 miles. At mile 2, I got a huge side stitch that made me stop. I opened up my chest and it was a sharp pain, right under my chest cavity on the right side. I had just barely seen Dee in front of me and I was aiming to try and keep her in my sights for the rest of the run, but the stitch kept getting worse and worse with each step I took. So I stopped. I started back up, but it was still bothering me, but was moving down lower. I could hear water jiggling in my belly and after the start of mile 3, I had to stop again. I pressed in my belly where it hurt and could literally feel the air inside. Gas... again. Hope this isn't too much information, but I NEVER get the gas that comes out, I get the gas that stays in your belly and moves around. I had to slow it down for the last mile and was disappointed that I couldn't test my boundaries. Oh well, it's a down week.

Killer mentioned an "extra" long run next weekend, so I'm looking forward to seeing if this is maybe the 30 miler coming up?? Or even 27, I've never run past the 26.2, so even going to 27 would be cool. She wouldn't give any information other than, "Steve and I are discussing it." Critical Velocity stage is coming up, so there's gonna be some running with ANArobic.

Grey's is on, The Office is Tivo'ed and I need to eat...

I'm out.

Oh, here are my splits.

1)10:27 warm up
2)9:51
3)8:36 should be 8:20's
4)8:23 YAY!!!
5)8:36
6)9:10
7) whoops, forgot to restart after 4mile tempo...

No comments: